Diligent Tazewell Estate Planning Attorney Prepares You for the Future
Secure the future for yourself and your family with our guidance
Planning your estate can be a rather distressing process. There is significant paperwork to attend to, and it’s never comforting to think about long-term care or the needs of your family after your death. However, the lawyers of Altizer, McGraw and French PLLC can grant you some relief during the process through our in-depth knowledge of estate planning laws and paperwork. With more than 75 years of combined legal experience, our team has the skills to help you solidify your future, and we are proud to provide you with patient, cordial service.
A Tazewell estate planning lawyer assists you with a variety of estate needs
Our estate planning services are part of our elder law practice. Elder law includes a variety of legal practice areas, such as:
- Estate administration. This includes guidance through the complicated probate process, helping you to distribute the possessions of a loved one after death, administering the sale of estate properties, etc.
- Wills. We help you to write detailed wills to outline your wishes for the time after your death. These wills allow you total control over the distribution of your assets and can help your loved ones to avoid significant stress after your death.
- Power of attorney. Should you ever be incapacitated with a mental or physical affliction, the person to whom you grant power of attorney can make certain legal or medical decisions on your behalf.
- Guardian ad litem. If you die while your children are still minors, a guardian ad litem is appointed by the court to take legal guardianship of the child. Guardians ad litem can also represent adults with certain disabilities or victims of child abuse and neglect.
- Nursing home care. We help you to plan for possible nursing home care in your future, should your health require it.
At Altizer, McGraw and French PLLC, we understand that the idea of preparing for the worst can be uncomfortable. However, should the worst ever happen, you and your family will be glad that you took these precautions. Speak with our Tazewell attorneys for more assistance.
Contact a Tazewell estate planning lawyer today
Call Altizer, McGraw and French PLLC today at 877-695-0258 or contact us online to schedule a consultation. We offer evening and weekend hours by appointment at our office, located a block east of the Tazewell County Courthouse in the renovated Greever Hardware building between Lemon’s Jewelers and the National Bank.